This two-metre-long bronze resin dinosaur was commissioned jointly by The Cuckfield Society, Cuckfield Parish Council and Mid Sussex District Council for a new play area in Cuckfield, West Sussex.
The sculpture celebrates the discovery in Cuckfield of the first Iguanodon teeth by Mary and Gideon Mantell. This was a crucial find that sparked the discovery of the Iguanodon but also led to the realisation that large land-dwelling lizards had once roamed the earth. In 1842, they were named as dinosaurs ('terrible lizards').
"Many thanks Hannah, a beautiful job! A work of ART."